Thursday, August 4, 2011

the list.

I love lists, I really do. I feel the need to make one for every reason. It helps me remember what I need to buy, what I need to do, things that I want. Lists in general are just great to me. This one on the other hand I'm going to be in trouble. Have you ever heard the lamb chop never ending song? Well I feel this is how this list will be. It will be the list that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friend.

What is this list I am referring to you ask, well let me tell you. The list of items that need to get done to finish our condo. I made this list up one day and while sitting at dinner one evening I slipped it to my husband across the table. And then came the best part, his face, it was priceless. It was a jaw dropping, blank evil eye stare are you kidding me kind of face. As if I don't bother him enough, I have now complied a list of what needs to be done. Without Further Ado:


Living Room
  • Complete Frame Wall
  • Paint Entertainment Unit (a tealish blue color)
  • find an accent Chair
  • Find Roundish Mirror
  • Finish Bookcase wallpaper
  • Add Decorative Pillows
Kitchen
  • New Stackable stainless Washer/Dryer
  • New Stainless Steel Appliances
  • Some Art
  • Install Backsplash
  • Paint Cabinets White?
Dining Room
  • Paint Wainscoting White
  • Paint Ceiling
  • Find (4) Dining room Chairs
  • Find a Bench (target storage bench)
  • Re-Finish Table
  • Blinds
Dining Room
  • Paint Wainscoting White
  • Paint Ceiling
  • Find (4) Dining room Chairs
  • Find a Bench (target storage bench)
  • Re-Finish Table
  • Blinds
Guest Bathroom
  • Hang Basket Storage
  • Add Towel Hooks
  • Re-paint?
  • New White Toliet
  • New Vanity
  • Re-finish Tub & Surround in White

Guest Room
  • Remove Wallpaper
  • Paint
  • Re-finish Desk
  • Find a Dresser
  • Find or make headboard
  • Curtains & Rod
  • Add Art
  • Update Closet Shelving
Master Bathroom
  • Buy Toliet
  • Buy Vanity
  • Faucet
  • Purchase and Lay Floor
  • Finish walls and paint room
  • Add Art
  • Paint Trim & Door
  • Purchase Accessories
  • New Fan
  • New Vanity Light
"Man Cave"
  • Hang Second Guitar
  • Cover & Add Pillows
  • New Larger DVD storage
  • Add long shelves to hold frames
Master Bedroom
  • Create Larger Headboard
  • Paint Dressers?
  • Hang Television
  • Add Art & Photos
  • Organize Mr. F Closet
  • New Night Tables
  • Add Ceiling Fan
Whole House

  • New Carpet
  • Paint Trim
  • New Door Hardware
  • Add Photos & Art in Hallways
Okay Well there you have it. I will check back with this list frequently to update it with things we have completed. It seems like so much when it is listed out this way. I feel by the time it all gets done we will be moving. 


Does anyone else have a list like this that just never seems to end? Home-ownership is like a constant state of remodeling or re-doing. I want to be at the point where I can sit and enjoy.

 

    1 comment:

    1. I LOVE this! Lists are so me! I can't wait to own our first house and have my fixer-upper list!

      ReplyDelete

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...