Tuesday, September 4, 2012

vacationing

I just got back from a nice 10 day vacation. It was lovely being off that long, didn't want to have to come back to work today. We spent a week in the outer banks with family. Here is my vacation recap, it is a little picture heavy.

1. The husband and I started the vacation a day early on Saturday because we wanted to stop at Busch Gardens. I think we just have back luck because it rained all morning. Our whole 3 hour drive toward the park was gloomy and on and off downpour. So lets play another game of this...then that.


2. Let me just say that I always laughed at Bass Pro Shop. I now want camo everything. Just kidding. No really I do. This place was a monster, and it had its own restaurant. I got a pretty sweet Bass coozie. And then of course made my husband stop at the beef jerky outlet on the way back to the main road. It was a WIN in my book.



 3. So on our way to the hotel now it stared to look clear, then it would rain then clear again. We had already decided to call Busch Gardens a bust. Then at the last second I could see the complete sadness on my husbands face I said "GO TAKE THE EXIT, LETS GO TO THE PARK! SCREW THE RAIN." He smiled so big, like a kid in a candy store and it did not rain on us all night.


4. Anyone else always have to stick their heads in the cut-out photo ops? Just me? nah, i didn't think so.


5. I made a pact with my husband before this vacation. We shook on it so it had to be serious right? No fighting on this vacation. Enjoy ourselves and do not fight with each other. Seems silly, but we all know everyone has little tizzies every now and then and it ruins a day sometimes. Well let me tell you, I had a nice vacation. Hopefully my husband did also.

6. I think I am probably really late on the bandwagon, but seriously I.CANT.HANDLE.THIS.WEBSITE. I can not get enough of this.

7. I came home from vacation to a leaking Air Conditioning. Leaking water stresses me out, water causes damage. After freaking out about it on the phone to my dad, all while my husband was vacuuming up a puddle and then collecting it in a bucket until it got fixed; I left it alone and baked some cookies. Makes me feel better and worry free.

8. I had the bright idea of starting a fantasy football league this year. My husband is already in one and they have fun, and i like football and I felt left out. So I started one. I only could get 5 people to join. Fantasy league FAIL. oh well, I either see it as I am going to dominate because I know nothing about other players other than the Ravens or I am going to completely fail because I know nothing about other players other than the Ravens. either way I'm pretty excited. I actually wish I could draft coaches.

9. I found this awesome restaurant in the outer banks. If you are there and haven't been, go. It is called Brine & Bottle. It is on the outside edge of Nags Head. Small, cute, and super yummy place. First, everything is made or served out of mason jars. Lighting, Candles, Water, Mixed Drinks, even Beer. Food was also fantastic. We started with deviled eggs, I am a big fan of these as an appetizer. Not just a picnic food anymore people. Along with that I needed had to get the bacon jam. WHAT? for real bacon jam. It was delicious. Then for dinner I got Shrimp & Grits and my husband got Scallops with melon salsa. People, listen to me.. if you go to nags head please go here.


10. Want more vacation tomorrow? Who cares, you are going to get it.

Does it take anyone else a day or so to get back into the working groove? Being back today, I am catching up on emails and re-organizing. But I am feeling no real productivity coming out of me today.

1 comment:

  1. The scallops were awesome and drain-o can fix anything!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...